It seems these days lines are being drawn between those that "believe" in global warming and those that don't. Well guess what, I am not an environmentalist ("tree-hugger" as some might call me) because of global warming, although it is worth mentioning that I do believe the planet is warming, and I do believe that people do have some effect on that process.
Here are the OTHER reasons that I think green practices are important:
- Because I think that dependence on foreign oil puts the country in a bad political position.
- Because I think that people waste to0 much and that our culture has become over-commercialized.
- Because I prefer quality over quantity, especially in houses. (and I don't want to clean a big house)
- Because I want to breath clean air and drink clean water.
- Because I believe that toxic products should not be applied to our food and that they probably cause a variety of health problems.
- Because I believe that eventually we will run out of natural resources if we don't start using more sustainable practices.
- Because I want to see more well-paying green energy jobs not overseas junk creation jobs.
- Because I believe it is my duty to leave behind the earth in a better condition than I found it.
and yes, this one does have to do with global warming...
- Because I love to ski and with the winters we have been having in Western PA I don't know how much longer I will be able to do that here at home.
So you see, being green doesn't just mean choosing a side on the global warming debate. There are a lot more immediate, local reasons to be concerned for our environment.
Live green in Western PA. Call Christa Ross from RE/MAX Select Realty, your certified green agent and RE/MAX green specialist at 724-933-6300 x214 or visit my website at www.greenhomespgh.com.