Did you know that you can password protect your Outlook data file? Nowadays, private information is commonly transmitted via email. To protect the information that my clients send to me, I add this extra level of security.
Steps to adding a password to your Outlook:
- Open your Outlook application as you normally would.
- Go to the File menu and select "Data File Management..."
- Highlight the name of your Outlook file from the list (by left clicking once on the file name) then click the Settings button.
- Click the "Change Password..." button.
- Enter your password in the "new password" and "verify passwords" fields.
DO NOT check the box below; this will defeat the purpose of having a password.
- Click OK.
- In the next window, click APPLY and then OK.
- The next time you start Outlook, it will ask for a password.
It's that simple!
Subscribe to CommentsComment