Our friend Leesa Finley from Wake Forest, NC, posted this wonderful safety information, that applies across the country!
Toula N. Rosebrock(of Diane Turton, Realtors) - Broker / Sales Associate - Specializing in all of Ocean County - Lacey Township Real Estate, Forked River / Lanoka Harbor
Unique Name ... Unique Agent ... Unique Service!
Waterfront Properties, Single Family Homes, Multi Family Homes, Condos, Townhomes, Adult Communities, Vacant Land, Commercial Properties, 1031 Exchanges
Winter is the time of year for most of us that we like to light the fire in the fireplace, curl up with a good book, a glass of wine and forget the bitter cold just outside our walls.
While fireplaces are a beautiful focal point, conversation piece and delight in the winter there are many preventative maintenance tips you should adhere to:
- Your chimney should be swept annually by a qualified professional. A qualified Chimney Sweep can be sure that your chimney is free of debris and in good working order
- The liner of your chimney needs to be free of cracks. The liners allow for clear and smooth passage for smoke to rise out and out of your home and the liner prevents gas and fire flames from entering your home potentially cause illness or fire.
- Ensure that your flue is functioning properly.
- Be sure the area around your hearth is clear of debris, decorations and flammable materials.
- Always use a screen to keep sparks from flying out into the room.
- If you have glass doors keep them open while burning a fire.
- Stack firewood at least 30 feet from your home.
- Remove any branches that may be hanging over your vent, chimney and flue.
- Keep your roof clear of pine needles, leaves and other debris.
- Be sure to have smoke detectors installed on every level of your home. Inspect them monthly and change the batteries at least once a year.
Go ahead - grab a blanket and light the fire - just be smart and safe!
Life in Wake Forest NC is cozy, warm and SAFE during winter!
Whether you are buying or selling Real Estate in Wake Forest NC it just makes sense to use a Realtor® that knows the area! I live here, work here and play here - I call Wake Forest NC home! For more information regarding Wake Forest NC be sure to visit my websites:
- Leesa Finley - Homes for Sale in Wake Forest NC, Wake Forest NC schools, restaurants, shops, entertainment and MORE....
- Circa Properties - My company website with information for the entire Raleigh NC area including Cary, Apex, Garner, Franklinton, Youngsville, Holly Springs and MORE....