Many will say that now is not the time of year to try and sell your home. As we all know the weather, in Sioux City, in the middle of winter, can be suspect at best. The fact is as I set here writing this the Sioux City and surrounding areas are due for another major snow storm (only time will tell for sure). I would like to suggest that it really is not that bad of a time to consider doing just that. Why you ask?
Let me make my point
1) We are currently at some of the lowest number of homes for sale that we have seen in the Sioux City area in the past 10 - 15 years. The same can be said for many of the surrounding areas as Sergeant Bluff, Dakota Dunes, South Sioux City and the list gos on.
2) In certain price ranges of homes and certain style of home the pickin's are mighty slim.
3) If you dread showings, this time of year is perfect. Most all home showing are to truly motivated buyers. Most the lookers just for the sake of looking have taken the winter off.
4) Because of the lack of homes and the motivation of buyers it is not unusual to see more than one offer on a single property in the first few weeks.
5) The $8,000 tax insentive for first time home buyers and the $6,500 tax insentive for exsiting home owners. I have included some additionional info on my website.
6) Interest rates continues to be some of the lowest seen in years.
IF you are a Seller a tax insentive for first time buyersnd do not want to wait another 2, 3, or even 4 months to sell - give me a call, but first stop by my website, look around.
If you are a Buyer and just can not find what you are looking for - give me a call. I may just have a couple of other possibilities
Hope to hear from you soon. www.LonnieHohl.com