Following up on my earlier post, Land For Sale By Owner- Finding the "Right" Acreage, a few more thoughts . . .
Over the years I have discovered that "the thing" about finding the "right " acreage is that those seeking LAND tend to be quite particular. I wonder , given this, how the seeker of land is to find such acreage --especially if it is in the Land For Sale By Owner category-- without the help of someone (a local expert and land broker) who really knows that land-
In fact, I ask myself this question time and again . I receive requests from land lovers who live far away from the Asheville area and our mountains such as the request that follows and have to shake my head and smile....
Here is a list of " critical issues for property purchase" fron one such person: .
1. Price - under 500,000.
2. 15 acres or more for our horses
3. southern exposure
4. year round water-spring, stream
5. 4,5,6 miles from a small or medium size town. Ideally town would have an active progressive lifestyle. ie vegetarian options on menus, theater group, farmers market, small college, bicycle awareness, etc.
6. If there is a house on the property it must have character. Older farmhouse, newer crafstman style- house cannot be an ugly split foyer or rancher etc. Any house has to be well constructed, although it does not have to be perfect.
7. 20-30 minute drive to larger town maybe with a college
8. a hospital not to far off would be nice, although not critical.
9. a hard road to property is not needed, although year round surface would be expected.
10. do not need access to electric or phone line.
So what do you say? If you were seeking the "right" land, would you also seek out an experienced broker? or not?
(*)/'(*) .......... ............ green real estate Asheville: GOING GREEN: Mountain homes and land legacies, socially conscious investing, rolling into a sustainable world. Create it today for tomorrow. Find eco-friendly LAND. Build a green home. GREEN Real Estate, Retrofits and Relocation: ECO HOMES AND LAND. Serving Asheville's Eco-Friendly-Home, Relocation LAND Clients. The Eco-Steward Firm, ALL Eco-Certified® Real Estate Consultants! http://landlegacies.blogspot.com/ Land For Sale By Owner- Finding the "Right" Acreage Copyright © 2009 All Rights Reserved the green real estate Asheville Journal _______