Yet another story is being reported today that should raise alarms and concerns with those who value our right to free speech.
No it is not being carried by the Main Stream Media.
- Little attention is being paid to this incident and the majority of Americans have no idea what has gone on.
Within 23 hours of the Christmas Day attempted sabotage of Flight 253, an internal memo entitled Security Directive SD-1544-09-06, was distributed by TSA on counter measures they intended to institute. The memo was distributed internally to TSA employees. It is important to note that this directive was not "secret" or "classified" information.
- Almost immediately Fox News reported the new initiatives as well as two bloggers Chris Elliott and Steve Frischling. Elliott writes a travel column for the Washington Post. Frischling is a blogger who writes a travel blog called "Flying with Fish".
The memo included such ridiculous measures as no standing up within an hour of landing. No bathroom trips within an hour of landing. No pillows or blankets being distributed. No access to over head bins within an hour of landing. Nothing in your hands - even a book within an hour of landing.
- These lame measures were absolutely laughable. Frankly, it was scary to think this was our governments response to the attempt to murder 300 people.
- The counter measures reminded one of those policies a teacher might institute in a kindergarten classroom.
After being published by Elliott and Frischling, the restrictions were widely ridiculed by travel experts, bloggers, and news organizations, which deeply embarrassed the TSA and the homeland security agency, already under pressure for their missteps in the foiled attack.
By the next day TSA was backing away from these stupid and ineffective counter measures. Guess someone told them counter measures needed to be initiated that stopped terrorists from getting on the plane in the first place.
- On Tuesday, December 29th, at night both Elliott and Frischling were visited by Special Agents and served subpoenas for their computers and their emails. The agents wanted them to identify who sent them the memo from TSA.
Elliott refused to divulge his source and would not give up his computer to federal agents under journalist protection. Frischling was told by agents he was not a member of the press and therefore had no protection afforded to him under the law.
- Frischling said his computer was returned this morning (Dec 31,2009) with several corrupted sectors and that he was running software to repair it. He said he had given the agents his computer because the directive had been sent to him anonymously, that he had deleted the original e-mails, and that it had been sent to him by someone who had undoubtedly used a phony e-mail name and address.
- Francis DiScala Jr., Fischling's attorney, criticized the DHS for using "heavy-handed tactics" and "intimidating" his client. "Federal agents came and confiscated the tools of his trade at night in front of his three children," DiScala said. "When federal agents show up at your door with badges, their very presence is intimidating. The weight of the government is on you and just you. Steve was not motivated by generosity in giving up his personal computer, which he uses to earn a living."
The Obama administration was embarrassed because they were ridiculed. The Obama administration hired some jack ass who wrote the most stupid memo of the century and the general public found out about it.
- How does the Obama administration react? Go after those who reported the stupid memo, not the jack ass who wrote it.
In the last year we have seen many attempts by the Obama administration to stifle and control free speech.
- 1. The report your neighbor address - email@example.com.
- 2. The illegal collection of emails addresses and contact information of citizens who wrote to the administration in dissent.
- 3. The gag order on Humana trying to prevent them from accurately informing their customers how they would be affected by health care reform.
- 4. Two bloggers, reporting the facts to the public are threatened with fines and imprisonment unless they reveal their sources.
Let me remind all that the first 3 of the above attempted restrictions of our rights were not only reported by Fox News, but the 1st 3 were brought to light by Major Garrett questioning White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs, during daily briefings.
- I find it noteworthy to add, Fox News did not receive the same subpoena. Only the two individuals who blogged were targeted by the government.
It has been clear on several occasions that the Obama administration has been heavy-handed with anyone who would dares to criticize them. This is not a peek into the future. This is the new reality and happening now.
Our Constitution is under attack by this administration from all directions. Our First and primary freedom, the right of Free Speech, is in dire peril by Obama and his henchmen.
Who scares you more? The would be bombers or the Obama administration?
ADDED:Here is a link to a blow by blow account of the heavy handed tactics used on Steve Frischling and a pic of the Spook who visited him.