Elkhart Subdivision REALTOR(r) Evelyn Johnston with Prudential One Realty says 2009 Real Estate Sales as reported by the Elkhart County Board of REALTOR(r)'s totaled 1, 501 closed from January 1, 2009 thru December 31, 2009. Of these 1,501 sales, 547 were in Subdivisions. The accuracy of these figures is only as good as the Real Estate Agents who entered them into the system.
The Top 5 Subdivisions according to Homes Sold were:
- Clover Trails Subdivision in Elkhart Township, Goshen 16 Homes Sold
- Greenleaf Manor Subdivision in Osolo Township, Elkhart 14 Homes Sold
- Meadow Glen Subdivision in Baugo Township, Elkhart 12 Homes Sold
- North Meadow Estates in Elkhart Township, Goshen 12 Homes Sold
- Fieldstone Crossing in Jefferson Township, Goshen 9 Homes Sold
Of these 63 Homes, 10 of them were Short Sales, 3 were REO Properties.
REO Properties are homes that are owned by a Bank/Investor which they obtained thru the foreclosure process.
Short Sales are definded as a sale where the debt owing against a property combined with the costs associated with the sale exceed the property's market value. In a loan default situation (pre-foreclosure) , lender(s) may be willing to agree to allow the property to be sold for less than the loan amount and/or accept less than (or "short") the amount owed, and may or many not accept the net proceeds of sale as payment in full of the debt.
If you are interested to learn how your Subdivision did in 2009 please call Elkhart Subdivision REALTOR(r) Evelyn Johnston at 574-304-7148.