Previously I spoke of the Five Things Most Important to Buyers - Kitchen, Bathrooms, Hardwoods, Wired and Outside.
Today, I want to expound on those areas with respect to higher end homes. In the Denver area that would be homes over $400,000.
- Backsplashes should be all the way to the upper cabinets and finished in decorator tiles, travertine or granite.
- Warming drawers, drawer type dishwashers, built-in refrigerators, gas cooktops with 5 or more burners, double
- Trivection and convection ovens and professional vent hoods are appliances these buyers are looking for.
- Cabinet panel front appliances are very desirable
- Cabinets with built-in spice racks, chef's pantries, cutting boards, soft close, end panels and other specialties will appeal to this buyer
- Pot fillers, veggies sinks, wine refrigerators, built-in wine and glass racks and second dishwashers are acoutrements the more particular buyer of this price range will be looking for in their new kitchen.
- Islands will need to be even larger and with more unique shape, more levels and seating more people. Having a painted or different finish than the other cabinets and incorporating more of the look of fine furniture with columns sand mouldings are the popular trends that will appeal to this potential buyer.
This price range buyer loves luxurious master baths with many of these great features:
- Large showers with many shower heads and sprays as well as rain shower heads
- Jetted tubs surround with lavish decks covered with travertine, granite or marble.
- Double sinks are a must and separate vanities are even better
- TVs mounted on the wall or in the mirror
- Elaborate tiling, faucets, cabinetry, mirrors and light fixtures add to the appeal
- Lots of lighting!
- Granite or marble counters
- Warming drawers or towel holders
- Radiant heat floors
Oak is really tabu. These buyers are looking for all the woods I mentioned yesterday and love a rustic look. Hardwood should extend from the front door through the family room, kitchen and eating area at minimum.
This is a high tech buyer. They are looking generally for a minimum of Cat 5 wiring for multiple phone lines and cable. This buyer will want sound wired in the living areas and to the rear of the house with sophisticated all home control systems.
Professional landscaping is very important to this buyer. It will be worthwhile to bring in one if your yard is aging or was never professionally done. Accessibility to large decks or patios for entertaining are extremely important to attracting buyers in this price range.