SALEM OREGON REAL ESTATE AND HOMES FOR SALE-SPEND A LITTLE...GET A LOT-SELLER TIPS PART 1
The" Spend a Little....Get a Lot" series will be very short articles with a few quick, inexpensive tips to help you get your home ready to sell, and to help you pocket more money .
1. Holiday displays, including Christmas cards, should be removed and stored by the first week in January.
2. Use degreaser and a razor blade to make basement windows crystal-clear.
3. Remember to put away valuables while showing your home. Expensive jewelry belongs in a safe deposit box.
4. Have long-stemmed artificial flowers to pack? Ask your local florist for a couple of boxes wholesalers use to deliver fresh flowers to florists.
5. Even if your entire house doesn't need to be painted, putting a fresh coat of paint in a new color on the door and trim may keep a couple thousand dollars on your sale price.
6. Don't wait until the last minute to call professional painters because their schedules may be filled. Hire them as soon as you make the decision to sell.
HOW TO AVOID THE MOST EXPENSIVE MISTAKES THAT SMART PEOPLE MAKE WHEN THEY SELL A HOME.....
Basing their asking price on needs or emotion, rather than on market value.
Many times, people make their pricing decisions based on how much they paid for, or invested into their home. This can be an expensive mistake. Overpriced homes take longer to sell and eventually net the seller less money. Consult with a professional real estate agent. They can assist you in pricing your home correctly from the beginning.