Ocean City, NJ July 1st - 7th
For the last 6 years, our family goes down to Ocean City, New Jersey for a week. I go down with my parents, my sister, her husband, and their 4 kids. Ocean City is a true family resort if you have never been.
Location is so key when looking for a rental or a home to buy for your summer getaway. This year we were on 6th and Central which meant that we were inline with the beginning of the boardwalk which starts off with Gillian's Wonderland Pier. Even though 5 blocks away, it's a direct shot to the rides. Here is where they have rides for all ages, and even adults can enjoy themselves.
Gillian's Wonderland Pier
6th Street & the Boardwalk 609-399-7082
Ocean City's beach stretches for a few miles. Ocean City is a barrier island with bridge connections to Upper Township, Atlantic County, Somers Point, and Strathmere. The Eastern side of Ocean City borders the Atlantic Ocean, while the Western side faces the Great Egg Harbor.
There is so much to do no matter what the ages of the kids. This probably had to be the best time that I have had in the 6 years of going down to Ocean City. What was nice was my nieces and nephews ranged from 3, to 6, to 7, and 8 in ages. Each one enjoyed something different and just for the fact that we did so much in just 6 days.
To the left is a Pirate boat. We did an hour fun packed adventure with pirates, looking for clues that led us to a buried treasure. They actually took you out on a boat with a Captain and a few of his mates. It was very well put together through Pirate Adventures. I highly recommend this.
What did our week consist of?
- The Beach (with gorgeous weather except for 1 day)
- The Boardwalk with rides.
- The Water Slide -- Gillian's Island Waterpark & Adventure Golf
- More rides at : Playland's Castaway Cove
- Miniature golf at Pirate Inland Golf (there are several different places to play along the boardwalk)
And don't forget the Night in Venice in Ocean City which happens at the end of July every year. It's Ocean City's annual boat parade which is one of the largest in the world. For more info call 609-525-9300.
For fabulous foods and beach foods that are a must : (most can be found on the boardwalk)
- Popcorn at Johnson's popcorn shop -- Here you can enjoy carmel popcorn with peanuts or without
- Cut french fries at Curly's -- You can get 3 sizes and cheese with this. The best on the boardwalk.
- There are ice cream places up and down the boardwalk. One that stands out is Kohr's custard stand.
- Do you like pizza? Mack & Manco's pizza. A must if down even for a few days.
- Like crabs and crabs cakes? Don't forget to get a dozen crabs at Obidiah's.
Come share in OUR SHORE MEMORIES !!!!!
Ocean City, NJ July 2007
(please click on house for slide show) So, do I need this? A vacation after your vacation?