We all heard that the Obama's did not want the traditional nativity scene displayed at the White House.
The Obama's wanted a non-religious celebration.
The Nativity has been a fixture for every Christmas since it was donated to the White House.
It is a beautiful historic 18th century Italian Crésche.
Obama wants to be a Man For All Seasons.
Devoid of any religious affiliation.
No flavor selection like Chocolate, Vanilla or Mint Chip.
No celebration that might offend some special interest group.
The oh so politically correct President Obama.
When did a President occupy the White House who was afraid to announce that they had a religious conviction?
- While Reagan was not a regular church goer, he never failed to speak of his reverence for God. When he died his son Michael said "the last face he saw was Nancy, and the first face he saw when he died was the face of God.
Is it now necessary for our President to conceal his religious convictions? If he is an atheist, so be it. Have the strength of your convictions to admit it. If you are a Christian, Jew, Hindu or Muslim then proclaim it.
- Christmas is one of the most important holidays that Christian Americans celebrate in this country. When Obama threw the switch on the National Christmas tree his profound statement was "Hey, it works". A Merry Christmas to all would have been nice.
If you have ever been to the White House at Christmas, which I have had the pleasure to do under the Clinton administration, there are trees in every room.
- Some have themes and others do not. The festive decorations are breath taking and a sight to behold. I'm not sure what the Obama White House looked like since the focus was on remaining neutral.
One of the White House Christmas Trees was far from neutral and was adorned with some very interesting ornaments.
- One ball with the picture of Chairman Mao
- One with a picture of Mount Rushmore with none other than Obama added.
Seems it is politically correct to have a Christmas ball adorning your tree with the picture of a Communist who murdered millions of his countrymen.