On New Years Day, January 1st I was able to successfully negotiate a contract on a listing of mine located at 8505 William Cummins Ct. This property was on the market for about 40 days. Additionally, the sellers of this property were able to move forward on a home they wanted to purchase. At the end of the day, I had 2 homes sales recorded "pending" on January 1st. It was a terrific way to start the New Year!
Actually, though, all I am doing really is picking up where I left off in 2009. The number 1 question I get these days is, how is the real estate market? My response all year has been, "2009 is in the top 3 out of the 12 years I have been in the business." Now, don't get me wrong, as a company my agents are all down anywhere from 50-60%.
Whatever you do, don't give up on real estate. Here's some possbile strategies to implement throughout the 2010 year.
- Get out there and build relationships. People want to buy and sell from people they know and trust.
- Network with other Realtors. Learn from each other both the successes and the mistakes.
- Keep working the trenches. There are still plenty of for sale by owners and expired listings to capture.
- Be persistent and have determination in all that you do.
- Volunteer in the community. Your community needs you more than ever. Get involved and make a difference today!
I wish each of you and yours the most success in 2010!
Mike Brown, On the Move Realtors, Inc., Louisville, KY