A good way to save money and even lower your monthly payments on a home or mobile home that was bought in 2009 is to get Homestead Exemption. You can for the Lake City and Fort White FL area go to the Columbia County Property Appraiser's Web Site at http://g2.columbia.floridapa.com/ for more information.
To be able to get the benefit you will need to have lived on the property by December 31, 2009. An application will not be started unless you have the following information;
1. You will need a Fl. Drive Lic. with the New Property Address on it.
2. You will need a Fl. vehicle Registration.
3. You will need your Social Security Number.
4. You will need your Columbia County Registeration Card, if you are registered.
5. If you are applying for a Mobile Home, you will need your Mobile Home Registration.
Bruce Dicks, Realtor
Coldwell Banker Bishop Realty
Lake City, FL , www.NorthFlHomesandLand.com