I've seen lots of bulletin posts and of course comments about the state of affairs in Michigan (most of them negative). I thought I would share with you what someone outside of Grand Rapids actually thought about our city.
The article in The Patriot Ledger gave Grand Rapids raving reviews. Can you believe it? Actually, I can. If you have lived somewhere besides Michigan you would see some of the things that make Grand Rapids and Michigan in general a great place to live.
Here are some of the points that the article talked about for Grand Rapids.
- "What a nice town, what a surprise!"
- "A place that truly seems to represent good old-fashioned American values."
- "streets of Grand Rapids as as gleaming as the refurbished buildings throughout downtown."
- "Community pride is everywhere."
- "In Grand Rapids, Midwestern friendliness and helpfulness were everywhere." (The Patriot Ledger)
All I can say is that I'm glad we left a good impression on someone who doesn't live here. Isn't that good to know. We really have some great things going in Grand Rapids and in Michigan, we just need to choose to look at the good things!
References: The Patriot Ledger. "Commentary-America's Heartland-Why can't we be more like Grand Rapids?"