Mortgage Documents

Real Estate Broker/Owner with Legacy real estate CA BRE#00886348

Buying a home is a big step and process can be complicated.  That's why it's so important to have a knowledgeable real estate professional working to protect your interests.

One of the first things you should do when shopping for a home is to obtain prequalification for a home loan.  This will help you understand your budget and narrow your home choices.

In order to get a mortgage, you will need to provide proof of income and assets.  The amount of necessary paperwork will vary somewhat from lender to lender, but most likely you will need:

  • Federal income tax returns for the previous two years.
  • If you are self-employed, 1099 forms and year-to-date profit/loss statements.
  • Three recent consecutive paycheck stubs.
  • Three consecutive bank statements.
  • Investment and savings account statements.
  • Recent year's canceled rent/mortgage check or other verification of payments.
  • Documentation of additional mortgage loans or rental properties.
  • Recent statements from each of your credit card companies.
  • Recent statements or other documentation of car loans, student loans and other debt obligations.
  • Divorce documents or other legal documentation, if applicable.

If you have questions or concerns, feel free to contact me anytime.

Brian Ripp, CRS, GRI
Broker, Notary, Property Management  
Realtor since 1985
 DRE Lic. 00886348

Anthony Stokes-Pereira
Better Homes and Gardens Rand Realty - Nanuet, NY

Hi Brian;

Great information for consumers, you are providing a great information service with you post. Happy New Year!!

Jan 07, 2010 11:36 AM