This cold and bitter first week of 2010 is a great time to create your 2010 Marketing Plan. Most of us hate sitting down and spending time on such an exercise, but putting goals and strategies in writing greatly increases the chances of reaching those goals. The tough real estate markets we have seen in the last couple of years make it even more critical that we evaluate what marketing has worked and not worked to stop spending money with no return on your investment.
Grab a cup of coffee or hot tea along with your laptop or a pad of paper and let's start strategizing how you can increase your production in 2010:
- Update business cards/stationery/marketing templates with social networking and home buyer tax credit info.
- Sponsor a home buyer workshop.
- Join a local networking group.
- Mail hand written thank you notes to clients, prospects, agents and vendors.
- Create a neighborhood newsletter or online networking website for your farm or neighborhood where you live.
- Get involved in the Chamber of Commerce.
- Join Realtor national networks.
- Support a local charity and sponsor a fund raiser.
Listing Coordination and Marketing
- Add to all your websites.
- Create virtual/video tour to add to all websites.
- Syndicate listing with use of Postlets.com or similar software.
- Enhance listing on Realtor.com with headlines, text descriptions, video, additional photos, call to action promotion.
- Upload to Craigs List weekly.
- Create Facebook page.
- Tweet with Tweetlister.com
- Blast email your database.
- Post on your blog.
- Send high quality email birthday and anniversary cards.
- Send weekly/monthly email newsletter.
- Offer free online Webinar for first time buyers, tax credit, short sales, etc.
- Email local Weekend Events tips.
- Email local holiday events.
- Email home maintenance tips.
- Offer raffle or drawing with other local businesses.
- Send local interest rate and financing news.
- Invitation to your social networking profiles.
- Ask for testimonials on your social networks.
- Use a keyword search tool and confirm your keywords and metatags are relevant.
- Offer free IDX home search.
- Offer free listing alerts.
- Offer free market analysis.
- Write about other local businesses on your blog.
- Comment on other local blogs.
- Create niche website or blog.
- Add Facebook Connect to your blog.
- Create ebook and require name and email to download.
- Host a contest with local businesses.
- Post to blog 2-3 times per week using relevant keywords.
Sphere of Influence
- Send something of value monthly.
- Send hand written birthday and anniversary cards.
- Hold client appreciation event.
- Give free pumpkins at Halloween.
- Give pies at Thanksgiving.
- Send Santa letters
- Give a calendar.
- Hold drawing to get email addresses.
- Send monthly or quarterly market reports.
- Call and ask for referrals quarterly.
- Join Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn.
- Comment on 3-5 posts daily with links to your blog or website.
- Create Facebook page for your business.
- Add video testimonials to your business page.
- Comment on local business pages.
- Update your status daily.
- Use software such as Ping.fm to post to all social networks at one time.
- Use Twitterlocal.net to connect with local people.
- Send birthday wishes to friends.
Contact us today. Let's put your real estate marketing plan together NOW and make 2010 your best year ever!!