My market reports cover Haywood County, NC, and I break out the two 'biggest' cities as well ~ Maggie Valley and Waynesville. This 5-year comparison report includes numbers for Maggie Valley, Waynesville, Canton, Clyde and Lake Junaluska.
Answers to the common question: “How is your real estate market?”
- It took longer to sell a home in 2009 than in the previous 5 years.
- The number of homes sold during 2009 was the lowest number sold in the last 6 years.
- The number of homes sold during 2009 is down 54.9% from 2005, when the most sales in this reporting period were recorded.
- The dollar volume in 2009 is 59.26% down from 2006, the highest dollar volume year in this reporting period.
- The Average Selling Price in 2009 ($203,426) is approaching the 2004 Average Selling Price of $183,592 ~ and is the lowest “ASP” of the previous 4 years.
Source: MLS. Data deemed reliable but, not guaranteed.
See my YouTube Videos.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Maggie Valley NC ~ Residential Real Estate Sales for 2009 by Month ~ Year End. (buckingtherealestatetrend.com)
- Haywood County NC – Residential Real Estate Sales 5-Yr Comparison YTD. (buckingtherealestatetrend.com)
- Haywood County NC ~ 2009 Residential Real Estate Sales by Month ~ Year End. (buckingtherealestatetrend.com)
Original posted on Bucking the Real Estate Trend.