WHAT DOES A HOME STAGER DO?
1. A home stager will see your home with fresh eyes.
2. A home stager will see your home the way a buyer will and communicate what a buyer wants.
3. First, if the home is preowned, the home stager will identify
any repairs that must be done prior to showing to buyers.
4. Next, a professional home stager will recommend paint colors that buyers want.
5. Then a home stager will identify what clutter must go. It will be more than you think, I promise!
A local professional organizer, Cappy Phipps, recommends that you plan a reward for your decluttering session. His reward choice is ice cream!
Barb Schwarz, creator of www.stagedhomes.com states that the way you live in a home and the way you sell a home are two different things!
6. A home stager will use an "eye" for balance and arrangement to arrange your rooms to show purpose, and welcome buyers to the space. Remember buyers don't buy furniture, they buy space! A formal dining living brings the most per square foot when shown as a dining room. Pool tables, computers, televisions, and sewing machines make a "dining room" less valuable and should be moved out.
7. A home stager will use your furniture but only what is needed to get a buyer to buy or will rent just enough to get the buyer to fall in love with your home. Buyers only see what they see! Most people can not visualize what the furniture really looks like in an empty room. The National Association of Realtors (NAR) states that furnished houses sell much faster than empty houses.
8. A home stager will only use extra decor to grab the buyer's heart and scream "BUY ME!"
9. A professional home stager will ensure that the home appeals to the right buyer for that neighborhood.
10. An experienced home stager knows every home is different and will add the right magic touch to SELL your home in the shortest amount of time. When time is of the essence, HIRE A HOME STAGER!
Another saying by Barb Schwarz is that "the investment in home staging is less than the first price reduction."
When you need help with professional home staging, call Beverly Carlson, Abilene's most experienced home stager and Accredited Staging Professional. 325-721-2429. I stage for sale, for lease, both vacant and occupied homes, and as much or as little as you want. References and phone numbers gladly provided.
To see more staged homes including 909 Blair, Abilene, TX and 8042 Scooter, go to www.stagedhomes.com and type in "Abilene"
BEFORE STAGING - SUNROOM 909 BLAIR, ABILENE,TX.
AFTER STAGING SUNROOM - 909 BLAIR- EXERCISE EQUIPMENT NOW GONE!!