Homemade Green Cleaning Supplies are not only economical but they will help make your living spaces less hazardous and free of toxins that typical cleaners deliver when used in your home.
Here are some simple recipes to use to replace the store bought chemical versions:
1. All purpose cleaner: 1 qt warm water, 1 tsp liquid soap, 1 tsp borax, 1/4 cup white vinegar. Mix them in a spray bottle and use for cleaning floors, walls, countertops, carpets and upholstery.
2. Glass Cleaner: Mix 1 qt warm water with 1/4 cup white vinegar in a spray bottle. You can also substitute 2 tablespoons of lemon juice in place of the vinegar.
3. Toilet Cleaner/Disinfectant: Mix 1/2 cup Borax with 1 gallon hot water. Let the mixture sit for minutes before scrubbing the toilet.
4. Kitchen Scrubbing Cleaner: Sprinkle baking soda on a sponge and scrub.
5. Drain Cleaner: Pour 1/4 cup baking soda down the drain and follow with 2 ounces of vinegar. Cover the drain and let it sit for 15 minutes then rinse with 2 qts boiling water.
6. Floor Cleaner: Mix 1 cup of vinegar with 2 gallons of warm water and mop on tile floors.
7. Wood Cleaner: Polish wood with 2 tsp. lemon oil and 1 pint mineral oil in spray bottle. Spray, rub in and wipe clean.
8. Remove water spots on wood by rubbing toothpaste on it.
9. Air Freshener: Boil cinnamon sticks, cloves and water then let simmer.
Making your own green cleaning products is earth friendly, economical and healthy.
Remember, pledge to do one thing that is "green"!