Greg Osmond is a Realtor in St. Johns Canada. who put together a nice list of reason to use a professional realtor. I liked the list and wanted to share it with my local agents. Enjoy!
Thinking of selling your home? Here are twenty-one reasons to call a Professional Realtor today.
If the thought of selling your home is a little overwhelming and you are not quite sure what to do, perhaps the time has come to call a Professional Realtor and get some valuable advice. Have a look at this list and ask yourself, do any of these apply to me? If they do, call a Professional Realtor today.
1. You don’t know the value of your home and it has been more than 12 months since you've had an evaluation.
2. You need to know what things to upgrade in your home and what things you can leave as is before you sell.
3. Your neighbour's home down the street just sold and you need to know what they got for their home.
4. Your fence is encroaching on the adjacent property and you are not sure if that will affect your own sale.
5. Your shed is sitting on an easement and you are wondering if it will need to be moved before you sell.
6. You know home inspectors are involved now and you wonder if your home will do well with a home inspection.
7. You heard its a seller’s market yet some markets have been beaten down. You wonder what you will face?
8. Your mortgage is up for renewal soon but you are thinking of selling so you are wondering what to do.
9. Your kids have all moved out and the home is too large for you now so you think you should downsize now.
10. Your adult kids won’t move out so you think maybe you should downsize and give them a nudge.
11. You gave your equity to the buyer when selling your home privately so you want to do better this time.
12. Your mother/in-law needs to move in with family so you think a new living arrangements will be necessary.
13. You are going through a divorce and you need to get best value soon to settle accounts with your ex.
14. You need to renovate but you are wondering if it would be better to sell and buy something else instead.
15. You would like to have a new home but you don’t understand the tax implications of buying new.
16. Your neighbour has been accumulating junk in his back yard and you are getting sick of looking at it.
17. The noise level on your street has increased over the years and you are ready for a quieter street.
18. You are about to retire and you want to reduce your mortgage before you take a reduction in income.
19. Your rental property management has become a pain and you just want it to end.
20. Your home equity has grown in the last few years and you think maybe it’s time to lock in your gains.
21. Cutbacks at work are immanent so downsizing now would be better than waiting for the recession to end.
Alright, I suspect you are getting the picture. There are probably another 100 reasons why you should call a Professional Realtor. Anything that causes you to wonder about selling your home for any reason is just enough reason to make that call. Professional Realtors are in business to be of service to you. If you have any questions that a Professional Realtor can help with, make the call. You will be amazed at how good it feels to get good advise from a Professional Realtor.
About the Author: R. Greg Osmond is a Platinum Award winning Realtor dedicated to serving the people of St. John's, Mount Pearl, Paradise, Kilbride, Goulds, Conception Bay South (CBS), Portugal Cove-St. Philips, Torbay – Flatrock – Pouch Cove, and Logy Bay - Middle Cove - Outer Cove, Newfoundland and Labrador. For over 21 years Greg has been practicing in Real Estate. He can be reached at 709-895-2500.