Naomi's top 5 tips and recommendations:
1. Build your team. Working with a good agent who will price your home correctly, and experienced staging professional will give you the edge over the competition. Make sure your home is at its fullest potential before it is shown to prospective buyers.
2. Evaluate and take action.
2. Evaluate and take action.Allow your team to do their job. This is no longer your home. The trick is to make it feel welcoming and inviting to potential buyers. Anything that evokes a strong reaction (love or hate) should go.
3. Pack up Collectibles. We don't want the buyer to be distracted. This is not the time to showcase your personal tastes. You want buyers to see the house, not your favorite collection. If all they can see is your personality, they won't be able to see themselves living in the home.
4. De-clutter/Clean/Remove. It is surprising how much stuff we can accumulate over time. Personal and religious items should be out of site. Make sure your furniture is the right scale for your home. Superstuffed sofas are very comfy to live with, but they can make your house feel small and cramped. Clean, clean, clean! Make your home sparkle. Windows, drapes and light fixtures should all be fresh and clean.
5. Avoid these mistakes: When your home is on the market it should always be ready to show. The way we live in a home is not the way we show a product to sell. After you give your home that good deep cleaning it will be much easier to stay on top of every day clutter.
FOR MORE ON HOW YOU CAN PREPARE YOUR HOME FOR SALE, CALL AND I WILL BE GLAD TO ASSIST YOU.
Room by Room Interiors