Would I be surprising you if I made the statement that it is a Seller's Market in Holliston MA right now? The Median Sales Prices have remained steady compared to the year earlier, which should be considered a WIN for homeowners in this economy.
Here is a quick bullet of Holliston's Marketplace:
- Average selling time over the past year has been 122 days on market.
- Median price is $350,000 over the past 12 months. Same as previous year.
- There are currently 36 Active single family homes on market.
- Holliston has 3.2 months of inventory currently - Under 4 months is considered a Seller's Market
- Sellers are getting 95% of Listing Price over the past year. 91% of Original Asking Price.
Just so that I am not coming across those readers that think I am a typical Realtor reporting only the "positive" stats, I have reported Median prices as opposed to Average prices. This is because Average prices create a higher weight to the higher end priced homes and Median prices do not.
That being said, the average prices for the past 12 months were $388882, down from the 12 months previous of $396328. This results in a 2% decline in average prices in Holliston.
I have a buyer currently looking to spend up to mid $500K in Holliston, Medway or Hopkinton. I just mailed a postcard to 400 Holliston households asking them if they were considering a move. In 12 years as a Realtor, I can say I have never done this before.
I believe this type of low inventory will result in upward price pressure for Holliston housing stock in 2010.Ed Daniels of Remax Executive Realty is on the MAHome Team serving Metrowest Boston. Contact him at 508-341-7880 with any questions about Holliston's real estate market.