Ryan is a new AR blogger who found another iPhone App that I wanted to pass on to my agents for review. It looks similar to the other apps I've already reviewed, but from Ryan's comments about Realtor.com, their efforts might not be enough to sway realtors to come back to their sight?
Ok, I just tried this program out and think it's just not quite there yet. It doesn't provide you with a complete listing of all the properties on MLS. Not good! Maybe this is one of the problems real estate agents are complaining about.
First off let me say that this is one of my first posts as a Rainmaker!!! I was on the rocks for a while as to the full benefits of paying to blog, but I'm glad I've finally joined. I've already seen some success in my local area.
Realtor.com iPhone Application
The new Realtor.com iPhone app is out and it's great! I did a quick search and it doesn't look like too many people have blogged about it, so I'd though I could help out. The application was just released today on the iTunes App Store. Here is a link to the download the free application from Realtor.com ---> iTunes App Store -Real Estate Search
The application is named "Real Estate Search" I like the title as it's straight and to the point, instead of simply trying to maintain the realtor.com branding.
While reviewing this Realtor.com iPhone app, I was on a wireless network with an iPhone 3GS so I expected it to be quick and it didn't disappoint! I was actually quite surprised. Some of the real estate iPhone apps are slow and take forever to load pictures.
There are quite a few great features to this application....
- When first staring the application it takes just a few seconds to load. Users are then able to sign-in or register for a Realtor.com account.
- You'll see below there are a number of ways for homebuyers to search for homes.
- They can use the built in GPS to determine their location and search around their geographical area.
- They can search nearby open houses.
- They can see their saved & recently viewed properties. (This will sync with their realtor.com acct.)
- Creating a new search is also quite easy. It lets you get pretty specific in your search criteria. It includes being able to search by location, MLS, min/max price, bedrooms, bathrooms, size, lot size, age of home, next open houses, then type of real estate (i.e. residential, condo, multi-family, mobile home, farm, land) Once you enter your specific criteria you can either preview, search, or save it!
- Once you've run your search there are 3 ways that you can view the results.
- List - Gives you 10 properties at a time with the basic details. The listings with a more photos are highlighted. Users are also able to sort the listings in a variety of ways.
- Street Map - Using Google's Map you can see properties on the standard street map. Click a property and you're able to open it up for more specifics.
- Satellite Map - Just like the previous, but with a satellite image.
(One cool feature is being able to move the map around and simply click to have it update with any properties in that area. I personally really like using map search when looking for other homes in a specific area.)
- Individual listings are where the fun really begins. Users are able to use the cool "flick" feature on the iPhone to easily slide through the pictures. No more waiting for each image to load, like on other search apps!
- Home buyers can see all the main information about the home. They will also see who has listed the property. I have to add more pictures and have my information by my listings on Realtor.com, so you'll see they have put my picture on my listing. Users are able to directly call you or visit your website right from the listing. They can also ask a question, which opens up a form for them to send you an email. You'll also note the "Ask a Question" button on the top right of the listing.
- Users are also able to Rate and leave notes which will sync with their Realtor.com account.
- Last but not least... you'll see 2 icons on the bottom left of the screen. These offer 2 powerful features!
- 1. Share by Email - Users can email a friend. But even better... in settings there is a place for users to enter the email address of their real estate agent. They can save your email address and then easily email you the listing. That's why you'll see my email address in the picture. How cool is that???
- 2. Post to Facebook or Twitter - This is my favorite! That's awesome free viral marketing.
I truly think this application shows a great effort my Realtor.com. I know many agents aren't happy with the current situation over there, but one thing is for sure... this is a solid iPhone App. I'm sure there will be bugs that can be worked out, but for a first run at an iPhone Application... it's right on the money!