Advanced Green Building : Building Science
I'm heading out to Las Vegas , NV. to take a brand new 2 day course in Advanced Green Building : Building Science for my Master Green Builder Remodeler designation ( MGBR ) at the 66th annual International Builder's Show ( IBS ) . This 2 day course instructs builders & remodelers on proper building science techniques for constructing and remodeling high-performance homes . The high-performance ideal encompasses more than just energy efficiency--it's about potentially creating a more durable , environmentally responsible and sustainable living environment . By using case studies , detailed construction drawings and other resources found on http://greenbuildingadvisor.com/ , NAHB , and BuildingGreen , LLC have developed this course to provide builders & remodelers with the highest-level of information available .
As a graduate of this course , I will be able to :
- Apply building physics to building performance
- Translate building science into elements of design & construction
- Dovetail all features of high performance : energy efficiency , water efficiency , materials efficiency & indoor environmental quality
- Describe the high-performance home & its benefits to both my team & clients
- Use all aspects of GreenBuildingAdvisor.com , including "My GBA", the site's project management tool , on individual projects & with my project team
As this is only the second time this course is being offered , I look forward to being one of the 1st builders & remodelers in the country to take Green Building to the next level !
Keepin' it Green !
Edward D. Nikles , CGP , CAPS , CAASH , GMB , CGB, CGR