IN THIS ISSUE:
- Message from Our President
- Editor's Notes
- 2010 Membership Drive
- New Member Introductions
- January Business Resource Meeting
- Article: Developing a Blueprint for Success in 2010
- Article: Starting Out Right in 2010–Setting Goals and Shaping a New Attitude
- Article: The Google Virtual Library and the Search for Self-Improvement
- Tech Toolbox–Websites to Track Your 2010 Resolutions
- Word from Our Sponsor
- Article: New Government Regulations May Impact Your Closing Date
- Many Faces of WCR-Metro STL
- 2010 Chapter Fundraising Events
- Word on the Street/WCR Testimonials
- Join WCR-Metro STL Social Networking Sites
- Article: Building a Strong Internet Presence by Blogging–Real Topics that Drive Traffic and Generate Leads
- 2010 Leadership Program
- Upcoming Training Events
- Upcoming State and National Meetings
- Our 2010 Leadership
- Our Supporters
NOTES FROM THE EDITOR:
In this issue, the Metropolitan St. Louis Chapter of the Women’s Council of REALTORS® launches a new monthly newsletter with a new name and a new look. Together with our social networking sites and soon to be relaunched website, the newsletter –entitled WCR Metro St. Louis E-Zine – aims to provide our members with news and insights that can be used to address the complexity and challenges of the current market. Some elements such as the President’s Message, Event Calendar, Program Announcements, New Member Introduction and More, will be familiar. However, the new electronic platform allows us to expand the scope of the newsletter as follows:
- The platform supports the development of more in-depth articles related to the subjects of our Business Resource Meetings by allowing the creation of articles from RSS feeds and website URLs.
- The platform allows the use of links in articles directing WCR members to websites, blogs, videos and other web resources for additional information associated with the subject of the article.
- The platform allows us to disseminate the newsletter in more format such as .PDF for printing or e-mailing, RSS feeds for reading on one’s computer or distributing content to social networking and other websites, Mobipocket for downloading to Amazon Kindle and other Mobipocket compatible devices and ePub for Sony eBook readers and other compatible devices.
- Shortly, we will also be making the newsletter available via streaming audio and via downloadable MP3 audio files for listening on Smartphones, iPods and other devices.
- The newsletter will be archived and available on the WCR website as well as available on Twitter, the WCR-Metro STL Facebook Fan Page and the WCR-Metro STL LinkedIn Group expanding its reach to non-members as well as the general public.
However, the success of the new newsletter will depend on the contribution of each and every member. Here is how you can help:
- Suggest topics for articles.
- Submit photographs and articles for inclusion in the newsletter.
- Advertise in the newsletter. Or, encourage your colleagues and favorite local businesses to advertise in the newsletter.
- Disseminate the newsletter to your colleagues encouraging them to become a WCR member.
- Provide constructive criticism and feedback.
- Be patient as we make changes to the newsletter.
INTERESTED IN ASSISTING WITH THE NEWSLETTER? Contact Michelle Silies at Michelle@PREASignatureRealty.com.