The following is a quick analysis of the Ferndale real estate market.
There are currently 189 homes for sale.
- Homes are priced from $119,900 - $1,500,000
- Average Asking Price is $381,749 Days on Market are 139 days
- Median Asking Price is $314,9500 Days on Market are 97 days
- Homes sold in December: 18
- Average Listing Price $294,868
- Average Sold Price $280,614 Days on the Market 118
- Median Listing Price $247,950
- Median Sold Price $245,450 Days on Market 103
- Homes Pending this week: 4 Total Homes Pending: 38
- Average Sales Price December 2008: $275,602 Days on the Market: 83
- Median Sales Price December 2008: $230,000 Days on the Market: 50
- Sold in December 2008: 21
The Average Sales price is up 1.8% compared to December 08 and down 5.9% compared to last month, November 09.
The Median Sales prices is up 6.7% compared to December 08 and down .6% compared to last month, November 09.
The number of sales is down by 3 compared to December 08 and is down 2 compared to last month, November 09.
The First Time Home Buyer's Tax Credit of $8,000 available to anyone who hasn't owned a home in the past 3 years has been extended until April 2010. The new program has also expanded the tax credit to includeexisting home owners who have owned a home for at least five of the last 8 years. You will be able to apply for tax credits of up to $6,500 when you purchase your next home. You might want to talk to your banker to see what you can afford. Meanwhile interest rates are still extremely low and there are some great values in the Bellingham market right now. You might want to take a look at what it would cost you to purchase one of these homes at today's rates. You might be surprised at what your monthly payments would be, maybe less than your paying for rent right now if you are renting a comparable sized house.
If you have any questions or want to see any Ferndale Property feel free to email me at or give me a call at 360-739-6981