The following is a quick analysis of the Blaine real estate market.
There are currently 220 homes for sale.
- Homes are priced from $77,5000 - $2,950,000
- Average Asking Price $446,748 Days on Market: 164 days
- Median Asking Price $312,000 Days on Market: 133 days
- Homes sold in December: 22
- Average Listing Price $388,226
- Average Sold Price $314,259 Days on Market 154
- Median Listing Price $282,400
- Median Sold Price $272,400 Days on Market: 129
- Homes Pending this week: 10 Total Homes Pending: 45
- Average Sales Price December 2008: $365,611
- Median Sales Price December 2008: $255,550
- Sold in December 2008: 12
Looks like the first half of the year saw some decline while the last half seems to be rising.
The Average Sales price is down 14.0% compared to December 08 and up 7.7% compared to the previous month November 09.
The Median Sales prices is up 10.5% compared to December 08 and up 20.8% compared to the previous month November 09.
The number of sales is up by 10 to December 08 and is up by 2 compared to the previous month November 09.
Condo Analysis for Blaine/Birch Bay
- Currently Active Listings: 64
- Price range of active listings - $22,000 - $1,149,000
- Average List Price $231,818 Days on Market: 192
- Median List Price $200,750 Days on Market: 195
- Sold in December : 2
- Average Listing Price $259,925
- Average Sold Price $255,00 Days on Market: 209
- Median Listing Price $259,925
- Median Sold Price $255,000 Days on Market: 209
- Condos Pending this week: 1 Total Condos Pending: 12
- Average Sales Price December 2008: $131,900
- Median Sales Price December 2008: $131,900
- Sold in December 2008: 1
The First Time Home Buyer's Tax Credit of $8,000 available to anyone who hasn't owned a home in the past 3 years has been extended until April 2010. The new program has also expanded the tax credit to includeexisting home owners who have owned a home for at least five of the last 8 years. You will be able to apply for tax credits of up to $6,500 when you purchase your next home. You might want to talk to your banker to see what you can afford. Meanwhile interest rates are still extremely low and there are some great values in the Bellingham market right now. You might want to take a look at what it would cost you to purchase one of these homes at today's rates. You might be surprised at what your monthly payments would be, maybe less than your paying for rent right now if you are renting a comparable sized house.
If you have any questions or want to see any Blaine Property feel free to email me at or give me a call at 360-739-6981