How are your property taxes?
The highest property tax bills in the country are in New York and New Jersey, according to the Tax Foundation's analysis of data from the U.S. Census Bureau.
The Tax Foundation analyzes counties and includes taxes levied by school districts and other taxing authorities. The national median property tax is $1,854.
The counties with the highest median property tax for owner-occupied properties are:
1. Westchester County, N.Y., $8,404
2. Hunterdon County, N.J., $8,347
3. Nassau County, N.Y., $8,306
4. Bergen County, N.J., $7,997
5. Rockland County, N.Y., $7,798
6. Essex County, N.J., $7,676 (tie)
6. Somerset County, N.J., $7,676 (tie)
8. Morris County, N.J., $7,310
9. Passaic County, N.J., $7,095
10. Union County, N.J., $7,058