With Valentine's Day fast approaching I thought that I would share this great little "Lift Me Up" campaign that is underway to help children who are in the hospital.
His Radio is asking that you mail or drop off Valentine's Day cards so that they can distribute them out to local hospitals in their area. If His Radio is not in your area, you can collect cards and deliver them yourself to your local Hospitals. I can only imagine the smiles that will grace their li
ttle faces when they receive the letters of love and happiness.
Below is a list of the guidelines and mailing/drop-off locations for the cards. You may visit www.HisRadio.com for more information.
Because the cards are going to children with a variety of different upbringings, injuries and illnesses, a few guidelines have been given to us by some of the participating hospitals:
1. Please, no glitter on cards-stickers are great, though!
2. Sadly, because of their illness, some kids may not be able to go home. Please do not use the words "get well" or "feel better" in your card, but you can let the kids know that you are "thinking of them" and that you think they are special and loved.
3. No sealed envelopes, please
4. To protect your privacy, please do not include your name, address, or school/church name
5. Per the request of most hospitals, please do not include any religious references (the cards are going to mainstream hospitals)
6. If you send multiple Valentines, please separate gender-specific cards, if applicable (i.e. cards to boys in one envelope and cards to girls in another)
7. Because of dietary needs, please do not include candy of any kind
Have your Valentines Day cards in by Thursday, February 4, 2009.
Where to mail your Valentines
2420 Wade Hampton Boulevard
Greenville, SC 29615
7610 Falls of Neuse Road
Raleigh, NC 27615
5859 Abercorn Street. Ste. #3
Savannah, GA 31405
Copyright © 2010 by Jim and Maria Hart (AgentOwned Realty).