- What's Motivating the Social Relationship Between Consumers and Companies?
A new chart from Marketing Sherpa exploring how consumers interact with companies who use social media. The report follows Max Connectors (people with more than 500 social connections), Daily Users and All Respondents. The reason most consumers friend/follow companies is because they want to learn about special sales followed closely by wanting to learn about new products/features/services.Keep this in mind when marketing reduced listings, posting new inventory, and discussing new housing bills.
- SEO CHALLENGES FOR 2010 WITH AMANDA WATTLINGTON
Which Is Worse for Your Brain: Texting or Pot?(Hint: Pass the Pipe)
An article from Richard Young of BNet that cuts into the stress of the real time web and gives some no nonsense advise on how to deal with it.
A few stellar tips include,
Set a time to check for messages in the afternoon and use your brain for more important tasks; Turn off any alarms that notify you of email as it comes into your inbox.
Organize your thinking visually.
Break down complex information into sub-groups
Delegate more often.
- Ten Musts for Marketing to Women on Facebook
This article from Brette Burrow on Mashable discusses how to market to women online. Women account for over 56 million Facebook users and are the purchasing decision makers in most households.Here is a Summary of the Top 10 Tips:
- Create an emotional connection with your fans.
- Design a post series that readers can rely on and is useful to them.
- Share new products/services with your fans and help them take advantage of new offers online.
- Quit being redundant. If you repost news to your Fan Page offer additional value.
- Consider widgets that allow a transaction to occur right from your fan page (For real estate this could be a free home evaluation or access to listings; For mortgage professionals this could be rate quotes or daily rate summaries).
- Respond to feedback and criticism.
- Share the positive and address the negative.
- Let your customers know about supply shortages or website problems.
- Provide quality information in your Facebook posts and on your Facebook Fan Page. Stay away from spammy advertising.
- Answer questions on your Facebook Fan Page.Women are in the majority when it comes to making financial purchases and decisions. This is a helpful list to keep in mind as you are creating aFacebook Fan Page Strategy. Also check out this summary notes report- "Marketing to Women".
The Mad Scientist of Cold Calling