If you are going to be on Vancouver Island this August you might want to drive up the Straight side of the island to take in the following events in Parksville.
- August 3-5 - 29th Annual Coombs Country Bluegrass Festival. If you are a bluegrass fan, you wont want to miss the pickin' and grinnin' all weekend long. Jam sessions and fun for the whole family at the Coombs Rodeo Grounds.
- August 5 - Oceanside Overdrive. There will be over 700 custom, classic and antique cars, trucks, hotrods and more at the Parksville Community Park.
- August 10 to September 1 - Parksvill Beach Festival. Home of the Canadian Open Sand Sculpting Competition held August 10-12. The scultpures remain on display until September 1. At the Parksville Community Park.
- August 11&12 - Coombs Fall Fair. Agricultural displays, music, entertainment, homemade goodies, animals and more.
- August 19 - Annual Kid Fest. Parksville Beach is the venue for this awesome day with lots of entertainment, including a Kid's Sand Sculpting Competition. Spend a great family day at the beach.
- August 25&26 - 10th Annual Coombs Rodeo Bull-A-Rama. Great bull action with a top 10 on Sunday at the Rodeo Grounds.