You're going to love it here. My wife Melania was born and raised in Cobb County, one of the fastest growing counties in the nation, and I've been here since 1980. It is a suburb of Atlanta that is served by some excellent schools, acres of park land, plenty of employment, three of the Southeast's largest amusement parks (Six Flags, White Water, and American Adventures), and great restaurants and shopping. Marietta is the county seat, but other communities include Acworth, Austell, Cumberland, Kennesaw, and Powder Springs. Some links that may be helpful to you are:
- http://communications.cobbcountyga.gov/newcomer.htm for newcomer information.
- http://www.cobbchamber.org/ for Cobb County's Chamber of Commerce.
- http://www.cobbcounty.org/ for Cobb County Government website
- http://www.magicrealtors.com/ for demographics, school information, and to search for homes for sale
- http://www.mariettasquare.com/ for information about the turn-of-the-century Marietta Square
- http://www.kennesaw.ga.us/ for information on the city of Kennesaw
- http://www.acworth.org/ for information on the city of Acworth, the Lake City
- www.ci.smyrna.ga.us/ for informatiion on the city of Smyrna, the Jonquil City
- www.cityofpowdersprings.org/ for information on the city of Powder Springs
For a FREE Relocation kit, email your snail mailing address to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get one right out to you. It includes a map, information on the schools, information on the demographics that make up the various communities, and much more.
We will be glad to show you around when you come to town. You can call us at 770-653-0756.