Kentlands Community Notices
Kentlands® Citizens Assembly
February 4: Bulk Trash Pickup
February 10: Open House with Community Architect (appointment required)
Upcoming Meetings, Clubhouse is the default meeting location unless noted
January 27: Board of Trustees Meeting, 7:30 pm (with a presentation by Mason & Mason)
Why is a Presentation from Mason & Mason Important to the KCA?
Mason & Mason is a third party engineering firm hired by the Kentlands® Citizens Assembly to help the community plan for large future expenditures. Essentially, each asset owned by the KCA must be replaced at the end of its useful life as well as maintained to maximize its useful life. This engineering firm analyzed the community's assets as well as the KCA's reserve balances and recommended a savings and replacement schedule for its assets. Come to the January 27th Board meeting to hear the experts talk about the KCA's reserve study!
February 3: Kentlands® Historical Trust, 6:30 pm
February 11: Board of Code Compliance, 6:30 pm
February 20: Board Strategic Planning Session, 9 am
Board of Trustees will hold an open Strategic Planning Session on Saturday, February 20, from 9 am to Noon in the Clubhouse Great Room. Interested residents are encouraged to attend. The Board will conduct a SWOT analysis (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats) during this session. This is the best venue for asking the Board to consider community changes, additions and improvements. Is there a change you would recommend?
March 9: News Discussion Group, 10 am (Clubhouse Great Room)
The next Weekly Roundup will be distributed on January 29.
WWW.KENTLANDSUSA.COM WEBSITE UPDATES
Start posting your Home Improvement reviews and recommendations. A new tab called Home Improvement Info has been added under Resident Resources.
Subscribe to the RSS feed on the private home page to get the latest updates to the Kentlands® Calendar of events.
From the Community Manager
Holiday Tree Recycling (through the end of January)
Your tree can give new life to other plants once it's chipped for mulch and compost. Please note these helpful reminders:
Place the tree curbside next to your recycling bin on your regular Thursday recycling day.
Trees must be in their natural state.
Remove all decorations, including tinsel and angel hair.
Be sure there is no metal attached to the tree.
Do not wrap trees in plastic.
Artificial trees will not be recycled.
Trees with root balls will not be recycled.
Trees will only be picked up from your residence. Do not take the trees to other sites such as schools or public buildings.
For more information on tree recycling, please contact the City's Department of Public Works at 301-258-6370 or email email@example.com.
Cold Weather Advice
Snow can make children squeal with delight, and frustrate or concern adults. The Assembly tries to remove snow and ice quickly and safely from the alleys and walkways. In the meantime, please keep these cold-weather tips in mind:
· Shoveling can be good exercise. Pace yourself and drink plenty of water.
· Make sure sledders have a buddy and only sled during daylight hours.
· If possible, clear the snow away from fire hydrants near your home, for everyone's safety.
· When you warm up your car, wait a few minutes before turning on the heat to give the windshield time to adjust. Drastic rapid changes in temperature can crack the windshield. That includes pouring warm water on cold glass outside or immediately blasting your defroster inside the car. If you just can't wait, consider using de-icer sprays instead, which are quick and effective. Rain-X de-icer wiper fluid, or similar products, prevents ice from bonding to your windshield making your scraping job much easier.
· Keep a supply of drinking water and food on hand. And remember to keep blankets, flashlights and warm clothes handy.
· In cold weather, don't go out if you don't have to, and be smart. Stay warm.
Kentlands® GO GREEN Community Garden a GO! 3 PLOTS STILL AVAILABLE. A community garden committee was elected on January 14th and six garden plots were distributed in the lottery. There are still 3 plots available. A new lottery for the remaining 3 plots will take place at the following GO GREEN meeting on Thursday February 18th at the Kentlands® Clubhouse 7pm. Questions call Alex 240-246-1645.
Posted on ActiveRain as a community service.
Character counts in Gaithersburg Maryland!