Are you a candidate for a Short Sale?
- Are you current with your monthly payments?
- Is there more than one lender to consider?
- How far away are you from foreclosure?
- Do you have other assets?
- Have you spoken to the lender?
- Is the lender working on a short sale package?
What are your options?
- Keep the property
- Attempt a workout with the Lender
- Sell the property and bring cash to the closing
- Offer the Lender a "short sale"
- Offer the Lender a "deed in lieu of foreclosure"
- Allow the property to go to foreclosure
Where can you get help
- Visit http://MakingHomeAffordale.gov. This is a US Government web site that offers Sellers options to retain ownership. Loan modification through your existing Lender is explained here and should be explored prior to listing for sale.
If you are looking for a listing agent that specializes in Short Sales in The Tampa Bay Area, please feel free to contact me.