An experienced negotiator will track down the meaningful and important details of a real estate transaction. You need to ask all the Big "D" questions. Are they selling because of death, divorce, debt or some type of disaster.
You need to ask as many WHO WHAT WHEN WHERE WHY HOW questions as possible without revealing your own position. These questions should include;
- WHY is the vendor selling?
- HAVE they bought another property?
- WHAT possession is most preferable?
- HOW long have they owned the property?
- HAVE they had any other offers?
- ARE the vendors just trying the market?
- HOW long has the property been on the market?
- The more you know, the higher the likelihood of knowing which cards to play.
Now, Let's really make them dance.
In a private sale negotiation, you will have flushed out all of the important information about their negotiating position PRIOR to your committing to anything in writing. This is a very large advantage for you. Now compare prices to make sure you are getting a deal and then document your position. If they agree to your offer; you know exactly what their best price is.
With Buyers Agency it is my obligation to find every advantage that I can for you.
No one cares what I did last year, you care about what I can do for you now.