Are you a homebuyer going it alone? A renegade who doesn't need the support and expertise of a real estate agent...at least not until you have found "THE" house. Is this the best plan to get the best deal on an Anoka County home in current real estate climate?
I read a great blog today that I wanted to share with home buyers (and sellers) in the north and east Twin Cities metro area. Will Nesbitt is a real estate agent in Fairfax, VA. As an arrogant east coast youth with Minnesota's own Fran Tarkenton as an idol, he challenged his entire neighborhood to a game of football and was CRUSHED! (Read his full posts...The day my neighborhood crushed me. ) Will learned that day the value of having a good team behind you.
Having a good real estate team behind you is a valuable lesson lesson for home buyers too. So...Who is on YOUR team?
- Do you have an expert REALTOR® to assist you through the home buying process?
- A good loan officer?
- An expert housing inspector?
- A title and closing expert?
- Septic and well inspector?
- Are you a skilled negotiator?
- Do you have neighborhood expertise and know the value of homes in different developments?
How many homes did you buy or sell last year? A good REALTOR® will have assisted in the purchase and/or sale of several. This is expertise that a home buyer going it alone will never achieve. As a REALTOR® I work everyday with buyers and sellers on the purchase and sale of homes throughout Ham Lake, Lino Lakes, Blaine and other communities in the Forest Lake school district. It is my job to be a real estate neighborhood expert! And I have a number of great contacts to become a part of YOUR team so you don't have to go it alone.
Going it alone can seem like a no-pressure way to buy a home, but is flying solo in a home purchase cost effective? Maybe not...Did you know, it doesn't cost most homebuyers a single penny to have a real estate expert in their corner? But it can cost thousands to work without one. Team up with a REALTOR® who is a neighborhood expert and don't get crushed by the weight of going it alone.
More Homebuying Articles that might be of interest:
- Writing a Lowball Offer in this Changed Real Estate Market-How Low Does a Home Buyer Go?
- Decisions. Decisions....A Homebuyer's Dilemma-Hundreds of Homes! How Many Should I See?
- Why Should a Seller Pay a Home Buyer's Closing Costs?
- Making a GREAT Deal in this CHANGED Real Estate Market!
- How to Choose a Realtor-Why a Good Friend is Not Always a Good Option
Want to take some weight off your homebuying shoulders? Let me on your team!