With so much conflicting information in the media today, I think it's time to focus on what we KNOW:
- Fact - Currently interest rates are at an all time low.
- Fact - Real estate prices are depressed and lower than they have been in years.
- Fact - Real estate prices in some areas are going back up or have reached their bottom.
- Fact - To be eligible for the tax credit your contract must be fully executed by 4/30/2010 with a closing date on or before 6/30/2010
- Fact - Interest rates cannot stay this low forever, they are in fact anticipated to increase by the 2nd quarter of 2010.
- Fact - The rise of inflation is inevitable and the one thing the Fed can control to combat this rise is raising interest rates.
- Fact - In an effort to stimulate the housing market our government has extended the $8,000 tax credit for 1st time homebuyer's, as well as for repeat homebuyer's ($6,500) for the purchase of a primary residence.
Isn't it time to "Go with what you know"?