Our theme this year on the Real Estate Hour, Sundays, 9 to 10am PST, www.KSRO.com or locally at 1350AM,KSRO radio, is going "Green" for fun and profit! All this year we will be advising our listeners how to reduce their energy consumption then "produce" their alternative energy for additional savings!
GO TO OUR PODCAST LINK for our radio show file and then click the third item stating: "Green Show #1. You will then be able to hear the entire show discussing the progressive "Sonoma County Energy Independence Program" or SCEIP. This is a terrific program and consists of:
NOT a "point of sale" program--Voluntary on all parties! Realtors can breathe easy on this one!
- Voluntary Contractual Assessment Program-AB811 authorizing Cities/counties.
- Must be permanently affixed to res,comm.,industrial property
- Request and Consent of the property owners-Energy AND Water Conservation
- Payable semi-annual installments with Prop. Tax Bill
- Serves Multi-faceted Purpose: provides homeowner energy/water conservation to reduce utility bills, boosts local economy-contractors to work, allows Son Cty to fulfill energy/water/climate protection commitments
- Goal-Cities within & Sononoma County-reduce greenhouse gas emission 25% below 1990 levels by 2015. Santa Rosa, Rohnert Park,Cotati,Sebastopol,Healdsburg,Sonoma,Petaluma,Windsor!
- Program financing-no money down, fixed rate financing, over a number of years. Rate now at 7%.
- Requirements: Property vested in applicants, Curent on taxes, not in bankruptcy, current on mortgage, Improvements "reasonable to prop. Value", not exceed 10% of assessed value
- Covers: Water Conservation-low flow toilets, tankless water heaters, irrigation controllers, Energy-windows/doors, attic insulation, HVAC equip, Solar-solar energy generation/solar hot water systems
- Onsite survey by hiring a "Home Energy Rating Systems (HERS) rater. Cost included in the application for financing
- Commercial properties qualify similarly.
- Min Financing amt: Min-$2,500.00. 10-20 year assessment repayment period $5,000 below. No "Cap". However, cost exceeding $60,000 will need approval of the "Program Administrator. Excess of $500,000 need Board of Supervisor's approval.
- County initial outlay-$45,000 Bond money.
- Go to: www.Sonomacountyenergy.org for application. Or call: 707-521-6200 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org for all the details.
Don't forget to visit our real estate show blog: www.TheRealEstateHourBlog.com