A Little Technology Help Please

Real Estate Agent with Call Realty

On many ActiveRain pages is the following icon: RSS Feed.  What in the world is this and what does it do?  I assume that it has something to do with linking your Blog to something else, but I have no idea how it works. 

Also, I've noticed that many subscribers have their listings or a cartoon like image on the right hand column of their Blog.  How do you do this?

I certainly appreciate any technology help that you all can give me.  Thanks!

Comments (4)

Aimee Ghimire
Phoenix Home Loan Expert (www.aimeeloans.com) - Phoenix, AZ


I can only answer the first one about RSS 2.0. RSS stands for really simple syndication and is a way for you to receive blog posts into an aggregator application. For example in order to subscribe to my blog via RSS 2.0 - you would click on that icon - then you would copy the URL into your blog aggregator. I use Google Reader for this. So, the next time I post this article will be sent to your blog aggregrato. By the way there are many many aggregators out there. I use Google Reader.

Go to Wikipedia and search for RSS.  You'll learn quite a bit.



Jul 15, 2007 03:45 PM
Gita Bantwal
RE/MAX Centre Realtors - Warwick, PA
REALTOR,ABR,CRS,SRES,GRI - Bucks County & Philadel
Shailesh, I always wondered how RSS worked. I knew what it stands for, but did not know how to utilize it.
Jul 15, 2007 10:33 PM
Sybil Holcomb
Ayres Realty - Douglasville, GA
Thanks for that info.  I too wondered what that was!
Jul 15, 2007 11:32 PM
Kathy Seger & Ben Staten
RE/MAX Around Atlanta - Woodstock, GA
Red Hot Atlanta Homes Group

Scott,  To add an image to a post at the top of the block where you write comments there is tool bar.  See the B I U....etc at the top.  One of the icons looks like a tree - it's the insert image  You will need the image and that's how you add.  In addtion you can add links from the tool bar, spell check. 

Happy Blogging! 


Jul 16, 2007 07:45 AM