Open House Ideas: Getting People Through the door
I'm sure that we've all had our fair share of open houses where the hours spent there were a complete waste of time. Recently I've revamped how I advertise my open houses and I've had great success. Here is what I do:
- Mail invitation/flyer to FSBO's in the area
- Mail invitation/flyer to Move up buyers in the area. These are homes listed in the area for 10-15% less than the home I am holding open.
- Mail invitation/flyer to listings in the area that recently expired or cancelled.
- Email Realtors of the move-up listings an invitation to the open house.
- Send a hand written invitation to anyone in my sphere who lives in the area.
Wednesday or Thursday prior:
- Hang door hangers to neighbors. We generally do about 40 homes: 10 on both sides of the open house home and 20 across the street
- We also knock on each door of the hanger inviting individuals to come and bring a friend to the open house
Thursday & Friday prior:
- Call individual who we mailed invitations to. It's hard to get to everyone, but we do as many as we can.
Saturday or Sunday:
- Hold the Open House
We've had outstanding results! One many occasions, individual in the neighborhood how received out invitation invited a friend who did not live in that area. We've had more than a few people drive many miles just to come to the open house. Our results have been great!
This has worked for us. What has worked for you?