With the mortgage industry always changing, it is important to know your options for the best mortgage. USDA loans are a fantastic option. You can qualify for a USDA loan if the home you are buying falls in a "rural" area. Obviously, the city of Houston is not considered a "rural area". But, you would be surprised what is considered "rural" in Houston's surrounding area. Lets talk about the Highlights of a USDA loan:
- You will not need a down payment. That's right 0%!!! FHA loans require a down payment of 3.5% and a conventional can require 5% or more.
- And the seller can pay all or some of your closing costs. This would allow you to get in the home with the least amount of money possible.
- You will not have any monthly mortgage insurance. This will give you an even lower monthly mortgage payment then a conventional loan or a FHA loan.
- a USDA loan is a government loan.
- There are income limits based on the county
The home must fall in a "rural area", so please call me today to find out if the home qualifies. This mortgage program is available in Fort Bend County, Harris County, Brazoria County or any part of Texas. Another great mortgage program available thru "Dave Your Mortgage Guy".