The new Wellington Library in Wellington Florida is scheduled to re-open on July 21, 2007 from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Speakers will include County Commissioner Jess R. Santamaria, County Administrator Bob Weisman, Wellington Mayor Tom Wenham, Library Advisory Board Chair Regis Wenham, and Library Director John J. Callahan III.
The branch has been under construction for over a year now. There was a library here in the same location but Wellington expanded to a much larger library. It has been interesting to watch the progression of the building progress especially for the kids.
The branch is located at 1951 Royal Fern Drive .
The library has been expanded from 8,000 square feet to 30,000 square feet.
• Increased access to computers: 30 Internet and word processing computers in the adult area, 25 computers in the children’s area, and 5 in the teen room, in addition to library catalog computers throughout the building. Free wireless access will be provided throughout the Library.
• More meeting room space: two meeting rooms, one for children’s programs and one which can accommodate up to 100 people.
• Larger collection: space to house 145,000 volumes.
• Customer service: more staff to provide new and expanded services and hours, including Sunday hours.
• Attractive environment: airy and spacious high ceilings in the common area, where the audiovisual and new book collections and the Internet computers will be located; comfortable seating with a scenic view in the magazine area.
• Space for young people: a larger, more comfortable, child-friendly area for reading and other children’s activities.
• An attractive teen area with a special teen collection.
• Parking: 197 parking spaces.
So get ready to bring the kids and enjoy this new library that our tax dollars went to pay for. It is your library, utilize the library and it's amazing benefits and encouraging people to read.