I know you know this......You have to take care of yourself FIRST!!!! ALWAYS. You can only give to others in proportion to what you have. If you are tired, scared, frantic or beat up...you don't have much to offer the people you want to serve. And, even though you know this, why do I keep talking with people who are making half as much working twice as hard and are just plain tired?.....Why is it so hard to stop and re-center, focus and begin in the beginning? And that beginning is to nurture and love you.
Yes, it may sound selfish and that's what I want you to claim in 2010-
Extreme Selfishness (as in SELF CARE) in taking care of YOUR NEEDS.
I have enjoyed and learned from the books and recordings I have of Esther & Jerry Hicks and the teachings of Abraham-where the recent Law of Attraction work all started. I read their latest book, The Vortex: Where the Law of Attraction Assembles All Cooperative Relationships, on our Hawaiian vacation. It was so calming to sit on the beach and think about where and what I was resisting in my life and see how to let go, so the resistance didn't distract me or get me stuck from getting the things I REALLY want.
Here is a quote from Abraham's Teachings, "Your greatest value to others is when you are joyful. Your greatest value to others is when you are connected. Your greatest value to others is to be radiantly healthy. Your greatest value to others is when you are happy. Your greatest value to others is to have and to be and do all the things that are very important to you. And as you are living that and vibrating that and oozing that and radiating that - then you are a catalyst that is inspiring others to an awareness of that." Abraham-Hicks
Isn't that wonderful? Can you take it in? Your job is to take care of YOU...so you can serve the people in your life you want to serve.
Here are a few ways to take better care of yourself:
- Take at least one full day off each week
- Schedule the time for vacations whether it's a staycation or a trip around the world!
- Put regular appointments on your calendar for the things that nourish you: watching the sunset, reading, massages, getting together with people you love, playing tennis, golf....OK, hopefully you get the idea.
- Ask others to help you!
- Give up things that don't give you joy anymore
- Take up a centering practice: mediatation, yoga, exercise
- Eat well
- Stop habits that numb you or injure you
- Start and end each day with an awareness of what you DO have and what you are grateful for
You are the most valuable asset to your business (and your life!). If your life is not calm and happy most of the time, stop and see what you can do. IT IS UP TO YOU!!!!!!
Become a fan at www.facebook.com/CoachJoeann