Thanks to Jeff Belonger I've been tagged. You might be sorry you asked about me Jeff, but here goes....
1. I have a degree in culinary arts and Love, LOVE, did I say LOVE to cook. I was one of the first female chef instructors at Johnson and Wales University back in the early 80's. For those that don't remember, this is when it was popular to hire token women to traditional male jobs. I haven't done this for a career in over 30 years because the long hours, weekends and holidays didn't mesh well with raising a family.....so I sell Real Estate instead.... Go figure!
I secretly would love to be a Food Network Star and have entered a video every year but never won. I posted some of the videos on YouTube and Yahoo called me about a month ago to do a segment on cooking salmon on the grill. They're starting a food video site. Anyway, I filmed the video, but had a little trouble with the fire so I've posted the videos here for you to see.
First is the video that we actually shot for the show and didn't use and second is what we shot later and used. (Jeff I bet you're wishing you never tagged me now aren't you?)
Here are the other four things:
2. I love anything to do with the Wizard of Oz and collect odd Dorothy stuff. My entire office is decorated with paintings of Oz and Dorothy by Nelson De La Nuez, a wonderful local artist here in So Cal. My Real Estate slogan is "There's No Place Like Home". If I could wear red sparkly shoes and get away with it, I would. This is a picture of Dorothy in the Hood, presumably during the LA Riots.
3. I grew up in Pittsburgh PA, went to college in Rhode Island and have lived in Virginia, Connecticut and Lawng Island New York for about 20 years. I moved to Los Angeles about 8 years ago and finally feel like I'm home. I love it here, the weather, the people, the plastic surgeons, I mean it's really heaven on earth. Actually, what I really love about LA is that everyone has a dream, a screen play, a musical score or is waiting for a call back. No one works real jobs and everyone drives a brand new car and lives in a million dollar house. It's really over the rainbow, but it's home for me now.
4. And now that I'm on to Los Angeles, the other reason that I live here is that it's close to wine country. This is my other hobby and goes perfect with the love of food. I recently graduated from the first in a series of very difficult classes to become a Sommelier.
5. I love to paint and have a studio in my house that I walk past daily because I'm too busy posting to AR and my other blog. I'm an avid reader and always read several books at the same time.
Enough said, here are my Meme tags!
Thanks for reading and I'll contact my "you're it's" via email.
P.S. Why does the AR spell check think that "blog" is spelled wrong? What's up with that?