The latest craze from American Idol is the famous "Pants On The Ground" audition by General Larry Platt. In his famous song lyrics you hear:
~Pants on the ground...Pants on the ground...Lookin' like a fool with your pants on the ground~
It is a song that leaves a lasting impression for the first 15 minutes, and then you realize it is a song that has nowhere to go, and no one to take it better heights.
So what happens when you are looking to sell your home or even buy a home, and make the decision to not use a REALTOR? Will it leave you "Lookin' like a fool with your pants on the ground"?
Below are some things to consider when you are making one of the biggest financial investments in your lifetime:
* All real estate licensees are not the same. Only real estate licensees who are members of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® are properly called REALTORS®.
* REALTORS® are committed to treat all parties to a transaction honestly.
* Your REALTOR® can help you determine your buying power.
* Your REALTOR® provides due diligence during the evaluation of the property.
* Your REALTOR® can guide you through the closing process and make sure everything flows together smoothly.
* When selling your home, your REALTOR® can give you up-to-date information on what is happening in the marketplace and the price, financing, terms and condition of competing properties.
* Your REALTOR® markets your property to other real estate agents and the public.
* Your REALTOR® will know when, where and how to advertise your property.
* Your REALTOR® can help close the sale of your home.
When it comes to time for you to make a decision on buying or selling property, take the time to talk to a REALTOR, this way you won't be caught with "Your Pants On The Ground"!