Now that we have had a few days to use Buzz on the "open market" it's starting to get more and more attention. Here are some things I have observed about using Google Buzz from my personal perspective.
- Simple to join - I have a Gmail account so it was automatically on my Gmail page when I logged in.
- A little troubling - it had automatically followed the people I most email. Frankly I didn't want some of them added so I immediately "un-followed" them.
- Allows photos inline - unlike Twitter if you post a link to photos in your post it will display them in a slideshow lightbox. This is a cool feature even better than Facebook.
- Allows videos inline - not in comments but in the original post. All you have to do is post a link to any YouTube video, your own or others, and it automatically embeds and is playable inline.
- Will be integrating with Google Apps - that means if you have a Google app like a countdown timer to the end of the First Time Homebuyer Tax Credit or a Google map you can push it out to all of your followers. Obviously this also opens the door for custom developed Google apps like my mortgage finance estimator.
- On of my personal favorites - editable posts and comments! No more living with type-os or misspellings.
Inline video is very simple with Google Buzz - paste the link to any YouTube video.
I know some of you still don't listen to Social Media Edge with Jason Crouch, Mike Mueller, TS Elliott, Jeremy Blanton, Clint Miller, and me on Tuesdays at noon. But did you know you can listen to the archives on our Facebook page? Be sure to stop by Social Media Edge on Facebook and sign up to be a fan and get great instruction, for free, from Social Media Experts like Shane Gibson, Beth Kanter, Reggie and Nicole Nicolay, Chris Brogan, Jeff Turner, Shel Israel, and many more! We are now at our 68th episode with at least one social media guru per week. When you go to our Facebook page click on ARCHIVES and thanks to Mike Mueller for designing and maintaining that fantastic Facebook custom page. (Contact Mike for a fully customized page for yourself or your business.)