I can hardly remember 1981 as I was 11 years old and so consumed in being a pre-teen that my recollection would not relate to adult life by any stretch of the imagination. I do remember that our little elementary school in Park Ridge, New Jersey introduced their first computer right around then. I think it was probably a TS80 or something similar. Although I was excited about it I was far more interested in the latest and greatest Sony Walkman and Tattoo You by the Stones. Today my husband sent me this YouTube video and it blew my mind how far we have come since 1981. I think if you will enjoy it.
As I watched it a few times I started thinking about all the information we now have at our fingertips. My last few blog posts were about my "primitive" new phone, but in 1981 our cellphones were for the elite and were attached to our cars. Remember the term "car-phone"? That's an oldie! here are some more eye openers:
- We now have and use MLS daily. This is my personal favorite.
- We all have websites! Mine is http://ibamountainhomes.com
- Even my grandmother has a cell phone!
- All portable music is now digital and you can just buy the song rather than the whole album.
- We have GPSto guide us through all our journeys. No More aslking the creepy guy on the side of the road. That's how all the old 80's horror movies started.
- We even have microchips for our dogs if they get lost. Living in Big Canoe, 8,000 acres is a lot of space for a dog to explore.
- Fuel efficient cars now run better and cleaner that my mom's old 1981 Olds Cutlass. I don't have one yet but will get one the next time I buy a car.
- Most of us get our TV from cable or satellite rather than the old 5 channel rabbit ears antenea. Hundreds of channels are now just a click away.
Just some food for thought. If you ever have a day where you think everything is going slow, be happy you don't have to wait 2 hours for the news paper to load on your computer. Enjoy the video!
Just a gal trying to sell some homes.....