ACT NOW before funds run out!!!!!
Beginning, February, 12, 2010, Georgia residents can earn rebates ranging from $25 to $199 for a qualified purchases in the State Energy Efficient Appliance Program. Nationally, this program has made available $300 million from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 in order to stimulate the economy and improve energy efficiency. Georgia received approximately $8.6 million in funds to offer in the form of rebates.
Sample rebates include:
$50 or $99 (depending on model)
Water heater gas storage
Air source heat pumps
Boilers - gas or oil
Furnaces - gas
Water heater - gas tankless
Water heater - solar (gas or electric back-up)
- Complete program details can be found at www.georgiarebate.com or (866) 296-1633
- Georgia residents who replace an existing appliance with a new ENERGY STAR appliance purchased on or after February 12, 2010 are eligible to apply for the rebate.
- Approved applicants will receive a Visa® Prepaid Card via mail.
- Only one rebate per appliance category per household is allowed.
- The maximum rebate total per household is $1,200.
- Only in-store purchases qualify, as online purchases are not eligible for a rebate.
- Program ends as soon as funds are gone.
- The appliance purchase must be made prior to applying for the rebate.
As of February 15th, the Georgia website estimates funds will only last for approximately 20 days. In just 4 days, over $300,000 has already been applied for.
Qualified ENERGY STAR models are be subject to change without notice. To learn more about ENERGY STAR products, visit www.energystar.gov.