Peter and Linda Pfann assist many Aging couples and individuals that would very much want to remain in their own home. Peter is A Certified Senior Advisor as well as a Senior Real Estate Specialist.
Making changes to a home so you and or your loved one can live in it longer is a growing trend among Baby Boomers and their parents.
Modifications that ensure a safe and comfortable lifestyle can range from simple to incredibly expensive. However, resources are available to help you decide which remodelling should be done. A qualified specialist can do a home assessment for you and assist you in determining your needs. Contact VIHA in Greater Victoria BC for additional local resources.
To get in touch with one, all you need to do is contact your local Home Builders Association or visit the Canadian Home Builders Association website.
Here are few common aging in place remodelling ideas to get you started.
- Install grab bars for the toilets and tubs in bathrooms to help prevent falls
- Fasten down rugs or floor runners, and remove any that are not necessary
- Install lever door handles in place of knobs
- Install a walk-in tub and/or a tub seat
- Place microwaves or any other appliances on counter tops
- Apply non-slip tape on indoor and outdoor steps that are not carpeted
- Replace standard light switches with rocker-style switches
- Install more or brighter lighting
- Increase the width of doorways and hallways where possible, and remove obstacles.
- Install an elevator or chair lift
- Install a handicap accessible vanity in bathrooms
- install elevated dishwasher or one with drawers for easy access
- Replace old stoves with induction cook tops to help prevent burns
- Replace ceramic tile floors with hardwood or vinyl for easy standing
- Install a closet system that features pull down rods
- Reduce the amount of furniture in order to open up space and reduce risk of tripping.
- Replace front and or back door steps with ramps for easy access.
- Install more exterior lighting.
- Install a monitored security system with a health or emergency feature.
- Have a buddy system with your neighbours to be able to seek and or offer assistance when needed.
- Have a network of reliable specialists able to provide assistance in various areas of your life, for
- convenience, support and wellbeing.
If and when You want or need assistance with aging in place remodelling ideas or to assess your own living arrangements and or your property, please feel free to contact Peter or Linda Pfann (250) 213 - 9490 email@example.com or www.pfanntastic.com
Victoria BC Aging In Place Home Remodelling Ideas , We will always give you honest and confidential information and assistance, we have produced many reports, resources, don't hesitate to ask how we can best assist you.