Hold on to your hats! It is a busy weekend here in Cheese Country.
- The UW Alumni Club is meeting at Toffler's in New Glarus on Thursday evening at 8 to watch the UW Men's Basketball team play the Minnesota Gophers.
- If sports isn't your thing, come over to Minhas Brewery's Lazy Mutt Lounge on Thursday evening instead for Monroe Art Center's Poetry on Tap. Award-winning Wisconsin poets will read aloud from their works starting at 7 pm. This event is free, and there will be libations courtesy of Minhas.
- The Alternative Fuel Society meets at the River Valley Trading Company in Blanchardville this Friday starting at 7 pm. Newcomers are always welcome! RVTC also has a free documentary movie screening on Thursday at 7 pm. They will be showing "Mondovino".
- Did you get your tickets for the Snowshoe Walk and Wine Tasting or the Pirate Night at Monroe Theatre Guild? We talked about these last week, but there are a few spots still available.
- Calling all performers! Open Mic night at Winneshiek Playhouse in Freeport this Saturday night. From 7:30 to 9:30, you can take your 15 minutes of fame or just enjoy watching others doing their thing. Free will donation, free for performers. Sign up for performers starts at 7 pm.
- Rainbow Fleece Farm near New Glarus has another Cabin Fever event this weekend. Yarn on the Farm! Come see the new lambs, new wools, new yarns. Saturday has a free needle felting session, and Sunday brings a spin and knit drop in session. Bring your projects, bring the family. Email Patty or call her at 608.527.5311 for more information. Rainbow Fleece Farm doesn't have a website, but you can find them at W7181 Hustad Valley Rd by New Glarus.
- MTG has a History Day scheduled for Sunday. This free event is open to anyone who wants to come help incorporate MTG's history into scrapbooks for preservation. They also have an adult workshop on Monday evening. Junk Puppets for Adults is free for members ($5 for non-members). Have fun and get dirty learning to recycle everyday items in puppets for use in MTG's future youth programs. If you prefer to take your puppet home, they suggest a $10 supplies donation. Not a member? $15 will get an individual a membership for a year, $20 for a family.
- Kookaburra's in Monroe has a cooking class next week. "Soups On!" will feature a variety of soups, and as always, participants get to taste. Check out Laura's new grapefruit and thyme dish soap while you are there. It smells superb.
- Shakespeare on the Edge has a few spots open for their upcoming American Players Workshop with David Daniels. This full day workshop (10 to 4) will be at MAC on February 26, and is open to students ages 9-18.
Whew! Where shall we bump into you this weekend?